So, what's involved in water heater maintenance? We're glad you asked. Here's what we do:
Our 12-point Water Heater Tune-Up
- Safety relief valve checked (this valve ensures your water heater won't explode due to a pressure buildup).
- Water shut-off valve for proper operation checked.
- Proper temperature range checked.
- Drain valve checked.
- Burner assembly cleaned.
- Gas/electrical supply checked.
- Emergency gas shut-off checked.
- Draft/ventilation checked.
- Flue piping checked.
- Carbon monoxide detector checked.
- Visible corrosion and stability of tank base checked.
- Drain water from tank to flush out sediment (restrictions may apply).