Most people don’t give plumbing a second thought until things stop working. Not soon after, the panic sets in. There are many reasons why routine plumbing maintenance is important. For starters, the cost to repair something that is broken well exceeds the cost of maintenance. Other reasons include: preventing a flood in your home due to burst pipes, staying warm in the winter months and cool in the summer, and avoiding dangerous gases from seeping into your home. Some plumbing problems are more common than others. At Plumbline Services, we are well aware that many homeowners don’t particularly care to know everything about their plumbing system, especially since your local Denver Plumbers specialize in this area and can fix your problems quickly and efficiently. However, educating yourself on how you can prevent plumbing problems will help you in the long run. To help you spot potential mishaps, we’ve gathered a list of the top 10 home plumbing problems and how they can easily be avoided. See the following.
- No hot water. If you have a gas water heater, make sure the pilot light is lit. Be sure the temperature is set high enough to provide a sufficient amount of hot water. It is also imperative that your hot water heater is large enough to meet your needs.
- Clogged drains. This can easily be avoided if one is conscious about what is put down the drains. Be especially mindful in the kitchen sink, as large scraps of food tend to get stuck often.
- Dripping faucets. To prevent this, try turning off the faucet with less force.
- Leaking pipes. This plumbing problem can lead to disaster. It’s important to check pipes periodically for rust or anything that can indicate the beginnings of a leak.
- Leaking water heaters. If your water heater is leaking, replace it. There is no easy way around it. A leak indicates rust through the bottom of the water tank and there is no repair for that problem.
- No heat. Check your heating system to make sure it is working properly prior to the winter months. If you forgot and you need a furnace tune-up, call us! Plumbline is offering a special deal!
- Running toilets. This can be spotted by a low humming noise or the water continually running into the bowl after being flushed.
- Leaking toilets. This can result in a large repair expense. Sometimes, jiggling the flushing handle can fix the problem.
- New faucet installation. This is usually done for decorative purposes but is a great way to ensure your water will always be running smoothly.
- Malfunctioning garbage disposals. This is usually a messy problem. The best way to avoid a broken garbage disposal is by running water through it every so often.
Plumbline Services can help you with all of your plumbing problems. We pride ourselves on providing our customers with unmatched quality service and convenient pricing. Call us to learn more about how our technicians can help you! Don’t forget to Like us on Facebook and FOLLOW us on Twitter for fun home improvement tips and information on our services. Connect with us on Google Plus to keep up with Denver’s most trusted plumbing services!